2r - Soil BoostConventional and Organic Use
2r – Soil Boost is the SoilBiotics Conventional Growth System designation for our Organic 2r – Soil Boost, a dry granular Humic Acid that is the basis of the SoilBiotics Growth Systems. It is marketed and packaged under the organic designation. It has one of the highest concentrations of Humic Acid of any of our products, and is the primary component in our multi-year program to prepare and maintain your soil in top condition for the best yields and crop performance. Humic Acid content is derived from Leonardite. Organic 2r - Soil Boost is non-toxic, safe to handle, and contains no microbes or bacteria.
When is Organic 2r - Soil Boost applied?
Applied once per year, the preferred timing for application of Organic 2r - Soil Boost is post-harvest to begin the process of soil conditioning over the winter*. However, Organic 2r - Soil Boost can be applied in the spring as well. The application rate begins at 200 pounds per acre the first year, dropping to 150 pounds per acre in year 2 and 100 pounds per acre in year 3 and subsequent years.
Benefits of using Organic 2r - Soil Boost:
Physically improves the structure of soil:
- Helps the soil loosen and crumble, and thus increases aeration of soil as well as soil workability.
- Prevents soil cracking, and reduces surface water runoff and soil erosion.
- Increases water holding capacity of soil and thus helps resist drought.
- Darkens the color of the soil and thus helps absorption of the sun’s energy.
- Soil becomes rich in both organic and mineral substances essential to plant growth.
- Soil retains water soluble inorganic fertilizers in the root zones and reduces leaching.
Improves the biological structure of soil:
- Neutralizes both acid and alkaline soils; regulates the pH-value of soils.
- Improves and optimizes the uptake of nutrients and water by plants.
- Increases buffering properties of soil.
- Enhances the uptake of nitrogen by plants.
- Promotes the conversion of nutrient elements (N, P, K & trace elements) into forms available to plants.
*NOTE: When used in conventional applications, Organic 2r - Soil Boost is not to be applied with Urea. Do not mix when Organic 2r - Soil Boost or dry fertilizer is wet.
This product should be used within the growing season it was purchased.
Get Your Soils In Great Shape for Optimum Crop Performance with SoilBiotics Organic 2r - Soil Boost!
Trials & Reports